Reserve Funds are one of the most feared items about Condos - yet they are often the least understood documents. Half legal / half accounting - people often don't know how to make heads or tails of them. The below Articles will help give you a basic understanding of them, and information on some advanced topics.
RES01 - Reserve Fund Basics - An Introduction
- This introduction gives Prospective Buyers, Owners, and Board Members a high level over overview of the purpose a Reserve Fund and some of the major concepts in it.
RES02 - Reserve Fund Basics - Main Elements of the Report
- One of our most viewed Articles. This Article gives you an understanding of the major principles behind a Reserve Fund study. Critical information for Prospective Buyers, Owners, and Board Members.
RES03 - Reserve Fund Basics - Getting One Done
- a key document for Board Members who need to update a fund or for newly constituted Boards to have a reserve fund study done for their Condo.
RES04 - Reserve Fund - Investing for the Reserve Fund
- Required reading for Board Members looking to make a fast buck to pump up that reserve fund by investing in things other than boring old bonds and GIC's. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. It's also probably against the Condo Act in certain provinces...
BUY03 - The Reserve Fund is Underfunded - Now What?
- OK you've finally gotten a copy of the reserve fund report. Scanning through it you see that it's lower than it should be. Now what? This article will help you understand what that means. (cross posted from Potential Buyers)